Monday, December 15, 2008

A Tribute To My Cassy!

I am already late in this, but still better late than never. This article is my tribute to my old Cassy. If you are wondering who Cassy is, Cassy a.k.a. Cassandra was my previous scooter. I will not call her old, as she was still so young at heart.


Well, what’s in a name, She was a Vespa, but for me she was Cassy, a brave soldier of her times. She did not go through big endeavors but then she tolerated me. She was my pride, my passion. My passion for 2-wheelers sparked from her.


She was big-made, yet simple; heavy but light for the riders; aggressive, yet polite. She was the best for me. My stature increased when I was with her. Guards saluted me; guys raised their eyebrows; girls called me macho; and others called me “made of steel”. Such laurels she brought. I just loved her.


I think Cassy loved me too. I just had to raise my hand to make her fly through the roads and zipping past everyone. Guys in their Pulsars competed with me, but surely Cassy is not proud. She let them have fun but prolonging the race for some time and then let them win. What a satisfaction she got. Oh what a tomboy! She loved speed I think, she was so smooth while riding high.


She was there with me though various times. She came into my life while I was still in school, My formal training on 2-wheelers was on her, i.e. she let herself be a bali-ka-bakra. After school, she was my companion in college. Helping me go various places! When I was ready for a job, she was there too. I could count on her now. I still remember how guys chased me to office stared and how they stares at me in office. After I stared at them, they just shrugged their shoulders and left. Oh what a fun! And then was my marriage. She came along with me. Oh my poor thing was too attached to me to leave me. She had become an apple of my eye. I have carried loads on her. More than probably a donkey would have carried. Still she never even jolted.


She was such a darling. Never complained about anything. Sometimes I strained her a lot, drove her inspite of her sickness; carried weights more than probably a donkey, but she still she moved on. But she was getting older, Her sheen had not vanished but had gone down. Her surgeries were becoming difficult and due to her age, matching organs were short n supply. But I still loved my Cassy. I hoped Cassy would recover on day fully and ride the roads in style like she had done previously.


Then one day, I met Anne. Anne a.k.a. Anastasia – my new Kinetic Nova. She was stylish, simple but not macho. She was also trendy and fashionable. We gelled and I though of forgetting Cassy. But how could I do that! I was leaving Cassy only because she was old and worn and not trendy! That was atrocious for me. She had shown and given me so much in life. I was ready to leave all that and go on with Anne. But before I could realize all this, I had already traded for Cassy. I left my friend of yesteryears for a trendy one, in the hope that she will prove to be more than my Cassy.


Anne has not yet fulfilled all my dreams. I still yearn for the attention that Cassy brought me. Still, Anne is so simple, she lets anybody and everybody take a ride on her. She is so universal, but not specially made for me. I am now waiting for my Alexie; Alexander – my future bike. I hope I will own one. Alexie I am waiting for you, where are you!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to write and tell you how pleased I was to find your site. Finally a site with some creative ideas, Good job

    ReplyDelete